TAFCA ALLEGRO CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19
(New Format 2018-19)
The TAFCA Individual Allegro Championship is made up of 5 separate one day events. Each event has it`s own champion and all 5 events decide who will be crowned TAFCA Allegro Champion.
This is an old event revamped for this season to give clubs and players out with Dundee more opportunities to play in it by taking the Allegro to their own backyard!. There are three main parts to this event;
- There will be 5 individual club night tournaments in which you are playing to collect points towards the TAFCA Allegro Club champion (Each club has a designated night). Also you are playing for points towards becoming the TAFCA Allegro Champion! If you really play well you could do the grand slam by winning all Individual club championships and be crowned TAFCA Allegro champion!
- Points collected for places at all events go towards the overall TAFCA Allegro Championship!
- All TAFCA Allegro nights are designated J.R.Chalmers Grand Prix Memorial events.
1.Newport Knights Championship: Wednesday 24th October 2018, 7:30pm sign-in.
2.Castlehill Championship: Thursday 29th November 2018. 7:30pm sign-in.
3.Perth Championship: Monday 28th January 2019, 7:30pm sign-in.
4.Dundee Championship: Tuesday 26th February 2019. 7:30pm sign-in.
5.Kirkcaldy Championship: Wednesday 27th March 2019, 7:30pm sign-in.
Your support of these events (Championships) would be most welcome.
All TAFCA Allegro Championship events are designated J.R.Chalmers Grand Prix events.
Rules, etc below..
The TAFCA Allegro takes place on Saturday 28th January in Castlehill Chess Club Dundee. Entry Fee £12 (£1 off Chess Scotland member); Juniors (u16) £7 (£1 off CS). The Allegro starts at 10am with prize giving 4:30pm approx.
Round 1: 10am: Round 2: 11am: Round 3: 12noon
Break: 1pm (30 minutes)
Round 4: 1:30pm: Round 5: 2:30pm: Round 6: 3:30pm
Prize money dependent on entries: Champion, Runner-up and two grading band places make up the prize places.
Enter by email to Ray Noble at email@example.com ASAP and pay on the day (Cash only!).
Please support your local league events.
As this is the TAFCA flag ship event for 2016-17, you get double points towards the J.R. Chalmers Grand Prix event!
TAFCA INDIVIDUAL 2018-19
TAFCA INDIVIDUAL 2017-18
TAFCA INDIVIDUAL 2016-17
1/01/17: Due to lack of entries I have had no alternative but to cancel the TAFCA Individual 2016-17. Apologies to those players that made the effort to enter.
Entries are now being taken for this years TAFCA Individual Championship 2016-17. Closing date for entries is Sunday 30th October 2016.
Contact the TAFCA Individual organiser, Ray Noble;
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text/phone: 07746971828. Please support your singles championship event.
PLEASE NOTE: Format has changed, please read the rules in full.
This year the TAFCA Individual will be a straight Knockout competition. We will have three separate competitions entries permitting:
- TAFCA Individual Championship: (Open to all TAFCA players: You can only be TAFCA Individual champion if you enter the open!)
- TAFCA Presidents Cup (u1650): (Open only to TAFCA players 1650 or below. You cannot be the Individual Champion if you enter this)
- TAFCA Challenge Shield (u1400): (Open only to TAFCA players 1400 or below. (You cannot be the Individual Champion or Presidents Cup winner if you enter this)
In the event that not enough entries are received in one/or any of the events, then said events will be combined into one event.
You may only enter one event.