The TAFCA ALLEGRO CHAMPIONSHIP
New Format – 2018-19
- The TAFCA Allegro Individual Champions will consist of 5 individual Allegro championship nights over 5 nights.
- Each event will be an individual championship with a winner on the night.
- The player with the most place/bonus points after all 5 championships have taken place will become the TAFCA Individual Allegro Champion.
- All nights will be a 5 round Swiss.
- Allegro grading`s will be used. If no allegro grade, then estimate or normal grades will be used
- All matches will be 15 minutes each player and go for allegro grading.
- Normal rules of chess (FIDE) will apply, except were amended by TAFCA for the smooth running of the competition.
- ILLEGAL MOVE: The 2nd illegal move made and the game is over with the player making the illegal move losing the match (if claimed!). (1st illegal move made, 2 minutes added to clock if claimed)
- POINTS FOR MATCHES: Win=3 point: Draw=1 point; Loss=0 points!
- The player with the most match points on the night wins the club trophy.
- TAFCA ALLEGRO POINTS: 1st 5 points; 2nd 4 points; 3rd 3 points; 4th 2 points; 5th 1 point
- BONUS POINTS: “EVERY” player that turns up will get 1 bonus point.
- OVERALL GRAND PRIX WINNER: The player with the most Grand Prix points after all 5 nights will be crowned the TAFCA Individual Allegro Champion.
- GRADING WINNERS: There will also be a Grand Prix Overall Winners for best player U1500 & U1250
- TIE-BREAK: In the event of a tie, the titles will be shared.
- This is a designated “J.R.Chalmers Grand Prix event”. (All matches!)